set the standards in the farm and ranch supply industry with us
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR OUR PLATTEVILLE RETAIL SALES ASSISTANT POSITION
join our family driven resource
High Plains Cattle Supply is the premier choice for farm and ranch supplies for agriculture producers of all sizes in the Rocky Mountain and High Plains Regions. Through our unwavering commitment to our communities and clients, we are setting the standards within the farm and ranch supply industry.
Our people are what sets us apart in our industry; our entire organization is aligned to ensure we provide a level of customer service not found anywhere else.
Ready to go above and beyond, to become a valuable resource for each and every one of our customers, and to become a part of the High Plains Cattle Supply family? Apply today!
We are hiring a full-time Retail Sales Assistant in our Platteville, CO location to start immediately.
Our people are what set us apart in our industry; our entire organization is aligned to ensure that we provide a level of customer service not found anywhere else. The perfect candidate for this position will possess an expansive agriculture industry knowledge base, outgoing personality, entrepreneurial spirit, and a drive to succeed rapidly in a performance-based culture. You will also be highly attentive to detail and have a proven system of organization.
Qualified candidates MUST have a working knowledge of agriculture, livestock, and pets; MUST be available to work Saturdays; and MUST be able to lift up to 50lbs regularly throughout the day.
The Retail Sales Assistant is responsible for driving sales across all segments of our farm and ranch supply business; transporting products smoothly and efficiently from HPCS vendors, between both HPCS locations, and to HPCS customers in our Barn Door Delivery program. In this role, you will also ensure new inventory is unloaded and inventoried correctly upon arrival. Our Retail Sales Assistant will organize, optimize, and prioritize to make sure there is a comprehensive, efficient process in place to stock products, maintain HPCS property and external equipment, and uphold our unparalleled customer service.
This role is focused on two core areas:
- Sales: You will draw upon your abilities to be a communicator, sales person, negotiator, data manager, and analyzer to increase sales volume and market share among clients of all sizes. You will be responsible for fielding all inbound sales calls, website sales inquiries, and walk-in customer sales inquiries. You will create competitive bid proposals and conduct on-site sales calls to connect with current and prospective clients.
- Retail Sales & Customer Service: You will utilize your naturally polite, friendly, and outgoing personality and product knowledge to assist customers with all purchases ranging from dog supplies to livestock handling equipment. You will be responsible for greeting customers, processing purchase transactions, and loading out products for customers, among other retail duties. You are expected to maintain and uphold our above-industry customer service standards at all times.
Additional responsibilities include all other tasks relating to Sales & Retail.
- Must have a working knowledge of agriculture, livestock, and pets.
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs constantly throughout the day.
- Must be available to work Saturday shifts.
- Able to operate yard equipment, including forklift and loader.
- Basic knowledge and use of computer software including email, spreadsheets, etc.
- Capable of balancing multiple, changing priorities.
- Able to positively interact with all customers, reinforcing our standard of customer service at every interaction.
- Must be accountable, team player willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
16256 US Highway 85
Platteville, CO 80651
RETAIL STORE HOURS
Monday – Friday: 8am-5pm
Saturday: 8am – 3pm
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover and resume to apply for this position.