set the standards in the farm and ranch supply industry with us
OUTSIDE SALES SPECIALIST – PLATTEVILLE
join our family driven resource
High Plains Cattle Supply is the premier choice for farm and ranch supplies for agriculture producers of all sizes in the Rocky Mountain and High Plains Regions. Through our unwavering commitment to our communities and clients, we are setting the standards within the farm and ranch supply industry.
Our people are what sets us apart in our industry; our entire organization is aligned to ensure we provide a level of customer service not found anywhere else.
Ready to go above and beyond, to become a valuable resource for each and every one of our customers, and to become a part of the High Plains Cattle Supply family? Apply today!
We are hiring a full-time, salaried Outside Sales Specialist in our Platteville, CO location.
Our people are what set us apart in our industry; our entire organization is aligned to ensure that we provide a level of customer service not found anywhere else. The perfect candidate for this position will possess an expansive industry knowledge base, outgoing personality, entrepreneurial spirit, and a drive to succeed rapidly in a performance-based culture.
Qualified candidates MUST have a working knowledge of agriculture, livestock, and pets; and MUST be able to lift up to 50lbs regularly throughout the day.
As our Outside Sales Specialist, you will draw upon your abilities to be a networker, communicator, salesman, negotiator, data manager, and analyzer to increase farm and ranch supply volume and market share among producers of all sizes. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect, negotiate, and contract new clients through referrals, cold calling, and networking.
- Service and retain current client base.
- Develop customized sales plan for each client to either cross promote HPCS products, expand product selection, and/or introduce new products.
- Adhere to High Plains Cattle Supply policies and procedures, including daily logs, weekly and monthly summaries, schedules, and trend reports.
- Ensure sales goals are met on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Deliver products directly to customers.
- Transport inventory transfers between HPCS retail locations.
- Pick up inventory from select vendors at least two days per week.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use technology to record sales figure, analyze data, and facilitate planning
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service, and health and safety are met
- Proactively resolve customer complaints and/or issues
- Coordinate with marketing to organize special promotions, displays, and events
- Accurately and efficiently load out products for customers; unpack retail items and restock shelves; and assist with all other Yard and Warehouse duties
- Possess a 4-year degree; equivalent experience in the livestock industry will be considered.
- Must have a working knowledge of agriculture, livestock, and pets.
- Comfortable engaging with decision makers.
- Able to think strategically and possess a strong business acumen.
- Capable of lifting up to 50lbs regularly throughout the day.
- Demonstrated experience meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Capable of balancing multiple, changing priorities.
- Must be accountable, team player willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
$45,000 – $50,000
Salary dependent on experience and knowledge
16256 US 85
Platteville, CO 80651
Retail Store Hours
Monday – Friday: 8am-5pm
Saturday: 8am – 3pm
Ready to go above and beyond, to become a valuable resource for each and every one of our customers, and to become a part of the High Plains Cattle Supply family? Please submit a resume and cover letter in a Word document via email; click the button below to apply today.
There are no job openings at this time.